Friday, March 14, 2014

20% project week6-Joseph Zayas-period 3

This week, for the twenty percent project, I taught my little brother how to make a chicken pot pie. Our mom had just come home from the store, so we had more than enough ingredients to make it. First, we made sure to preheat the oven to four hundred and twenty five degrees. We used a pre-made pie crust, so we did not have to worry about the crust. Next, he melted 1/3 of a cup of butter in a pan, then added 1/3 cup of chopped onion, and cooked until they were tender. Then he stirred in 1/3 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth, and half a cup of milk. Next, we stirred in as much cooked chicken and vegetables as we wanted to. Finally, he put the crust on top, and cut a couple of slits in the top of the crust, to allow it to breath. It had too cook for about 35 minutes. I learned a trick when I practiced making my own pot pie, to put a piece of foil on the edges of the crust during the last 15 minutes, to keep it from burning. My brother pulled the pot pie out and let it sit for 15 minutes to let it cool down. I also have finally learned that to help my brother learn better, I need to go at a slower pace than I'm used to and to repeat instructions so he does them, instead of pushing my way in to do it for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment