Tuesday, November 19, 2013

20% project week 7-Joseph Zayas-period 3

                This week, I showed my little brother how to make deep fried chicken with fried potatoes. The first thing I had him do was to get out our deep fryer, clean it, and then I showed him how to fill its oil back to the level it should be at. Then I showed him how to cut the potatoes into fries, after the skin was taken off. When he finished that, I showed him the trick of running the potatoes under cold water to run most of the starch out of them, and keep them a white color. After throwing the first batch of those in the fryer, I showed him how to cut the chicken. First, you have to take most of the fat off, and cut it into small strips. After all the potatoes were cooked, I showed him on the first batch how to bread the chicken. First, you need 3 eggs and 2 boxes of shake and bake, or 1 jar of Italian bread crumbs.  Then dip the chicken first in the eggs, then roll it in the shake and bake/ bread crumbs, and set them in the fryer basket. They take about 10 minutes to cook at 350 degrees heat. He finished off the rest of the batches, and using napkins, we tried to soak most of the grease up. Then we served it for dinner, and everyone enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment